This is the status report for June 18 – June 22. This week was mostly spent doing cleanup, documenting, and applying the final parts of the FastCGI specification.
THIS WEEK’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- I completely documented the Mono.FastCgi namespace using XML documentation.
- I submitted 6 patches to XSP, 3 code changes and documentation on 4 files.
- I finished the implementation of the FastCGI protocol except for the unmanaged socket.
- I implemented buffers for the sending and receiving of data and buffer management on the server to greatly reduce the amount of memory allocation performed.
- I started work on an unmanaged socket wrapper.
- I researched the configuration manager and how to store the configuration.
- I submitted a bug report on Cherokee’s FastCGI implementation.
PLANS FOR THE COMING WEEK
I plan to finish my work on configuration which should allow me to simplify and clean up server.cs and implement configuration files for things that don’t necessarily need to be done in the command line. Additionally, I will test the work I’ve done with the socket wrapper to try and get Apache working. Then I’ll start writing an ASP.NET configuration page for the server.
CHALLENGES I’M FACING
Nothing major at the moment.
RESOURCES USED THIS WEEK
- http://www.koders.com/ – Searching Mono’s System.Net.Sockets library.
I apologize of the lateness of this report. I had to go to El Centro for my grandmother’s 75 birthday and didn’t have it done by the time I had to leave.