This is a status report for the week of July 23 – July 27. The major highlight of the week is the addition of autotools to SVN and a patch to System.Net.Sockets.Socket.
THIS WEEK’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS
The first accomplishment is the incorporation of autotools. You can now install the server using the standard methods. It does not yet install assemblies into the GAC, but I plan on adding that by next week.
svn co http://mono-soc-2007.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/brian/FastCgi/ fastcgi-mono-server cd fastcgi-mono-server ./autogen.sh && make && sudo make install
Once installed, you can use either of the following, for the 1.1 or 2.0 framework respectively:
fastcgi-mono-server /socket=tcp:1234 - or - fastcgi-mono-server2 /socket=tcp:1234
The second accomplishment is a patch to the mono class library for System.Net.Sockets.Socket <http://mono-soc-2007.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/brian/patches/System.Net.Sockets.Socket-endpoint.diff>. It is a precursor to a constructor that will make a wrapper from the unmanaged to the managed socket.
PLANS FOR THE COMING WEEK
I’m going to continue working on what I’ve been working on but have not completed this week:
- I’m going to work with my mentor to develop a plan for a control panel and additional auto-configuration.
- I’m going to work with the mono developers on “the socket issue”.
- I’m going to contact developers of various FastCGI implementations on servers to overcome various issues I’ve encountered.
CHALLENGES I’M FACING
Nothing major at the moment.
RESOURCES USED THIS WEEK
- MSDN and SharpDevelop (Windows) – Studying and testing out the Windows implementation of System.Net.Sockets.Socket.
- http://www.koders.com – Searching for information on WinSock2
- various source packages – How to do things with autotools.